Monsoon Skin Care Tips:
Monsoon has arrived with all those sweet memories of enjoying rain splash with friends and dancing on melodious tunes to take pleasure of this weather.
One cannot ignore the intoxicating fragrance of rain, the lush green freshly bathed trees and the coolness of the breeze. However, like every other season, it has few drawbacks of affecting the skin. While the rainy season may bring long spells of rains, it also brings along high humidity levels that can be a hurtful for your skin health, especially for those who already have oily and acne-prone skin.
It is important to change your skincare routine according to changing seasons.
The basic rule is to ‘cleanse tone, moisturize and eat healthy’, but we help you chart out the monsoon version of this essential routine along with other skin care tips and home remedies that you should inculcate in your everyday routine.
Quick Monsoon Skin Care Tips
- Rain does not protect you from harmful rays. Thus, Use a good sunscreen every day to avoid skin problem.
- Wash your face at least two-three times a day to avoid excess oil and dirt and it avoids fungal infections.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body wary of toxins leading to acne and pimples.
- Start your day with Lemon Water, it will flush out all toxins from and make skin healthy glowing.
- Try using more homemade products for your skin and fewer products that are brought from outside.
- Use Less Makeup, and clean it before going to bed.
- Eat Healthy snacks with less oil, to avoid acne.
Exfoliate your skin in Monsoon
Exfoliation removes dead skin and helps unclog pores. It also helps in the growth of new skin cells giving you a glowing skin. Some of the best exfoliators are coffee, tea bag, sugar, baking soda, papaya, oatmeal and yoghurt. In addition, if you want to use readymade exfoliates than go for Khadi Naturals Scrub, it has sandal and nuts that help your skin to get exfoliate well. However, it does not have chemicals that harm your skin. Make sure you exfoliate with these mildly abrasive ingredients.
Cleansing is essential in Monsoon
Once you exfoliate well, cleanse the open pores and allow your skin to breathe. You can use coconut oil, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, honey and lemon with rose water.
Tone it to make it glow in Monsoon
Tone your skin to remove the leftover dirt and makeup. You can use toner of a good brand like good vibes or Lakme that is available on Nykaa or any other stores. Nevertheless, try to use natural ingredients like green tea, lemon juice, rose water, cucumber water and chamomile tea for toning your skin.
Moisturizers keep it smooth and silky in Monsoon
The last and final step includes moisturizing, as it is important to keep your skin hydrated and soft. Some of the natural moisturizers include cucumber, organic coconut oil, hemp seed oil and olive oil.
These moisturizers do not leave your skin oily. Try to moisturize your skin 2-3 times a day. Before going for bed at night Use any Night cream or moisturizer that will repair your skin cells.
Home Remedies for your Skin this Monsoon
- Make a Paste of Multani Mitti, Rosewater and camphor. Use this paste daily on the face.
- Try original Sandalwood, Make a paste of it and apply. It will naturally give you healthy glowing and fair skin.
- Make a thick paste using Multani mitti, clove oil, sandalwood powder and grounded neem paste and apply on your pimples. Let it dry completely and use it daily.
- Mix besan, turmeric, lemon and rose water and make a paste. Apply this pack on your face and wash off after 15-20 minutes. It will impart a natural glow to your face.
- Use a charcoal mask or peel off to clear your pores and blackheads.
- If you have dry skin then try lavender oil or tea tree oil along with some other facial oil on your skin once a week to get smooth and silky hydrated skin.
In this Rain, keep your skin healthy and glowing.